Search Engine Optimization
Search engine optimization is the process of increasing the visibility of a website or webpage to drive organic or unpaid traffic. It is one of a great way to rank your website in the first position of search engine organically. in other words, SEO refers to optimizing your website to make SEO friendly and get the first ranked on the search engine. It is an organic way to promote products or services online and create brand value. It is a part of digital marketing to advertise and promote business on the internet.
How Search Engine Work
There are three primary functions of the search engines
- – Crawling is a process in which search engine’s bots or crawlers or spiders read webpages, images, videos, and try to find out newly updated content on the website.
- Indexing-when search engine bots or spiders crawl webpages they collect information about the website and add crawled webpages to it’s a database to show up in the search result when someone searches for the same search query or search phrase.
- Ranking- Search engine ranking refers to the position of a particular web page in the search result. The search engine ranking depends upon several factors like- content quality and relevancy, the number of qualitative and authoritative backlinks, and page speed of the website.
- On-page SEO is the process of optimizing the web page or website to improve search engine ranking and gain organic and unpaid traffic. It is the process of publishing high quality and relevant content and optimizing metadata like- title tag, meta description, image optimization, an alt attribute to make web page SEO friendly. When search engine bots or spiders visit the website they go through the title, meta description, header tag, image URL, and alt attribute to find out that they are related to each other. We optimize a website not only for the search engine but also for users and there should be relevancy among title tag, meta description, image, and the alt attribute.
- SEO- Off-page SEO refers to the activities or efforts taken outside of your website to improve search engine ranking of a web page. It is the process of creating high quality and authoritative backlinks to rank a keyword on a higher position on the search engine. Ther are several off-page activities like- social bookmarking, blog posting, article submission, image submission, forum posting, local business listing, infographics, and many more. These activities provide do-follow backing to our website which helps to improve website ranking
- Technical SEO- Technical SEO focuses on the optimization of technical aspects of a website like-indexing, crawling, website structure, page speed, robots.txt, and canonical tag to improve search engine ranking. These are the most important technical SEO factors that play a crucial role in website ranking. when a website’s loading time is high it harms SERP ranking. Crawling is also one of the most important SEO ranking factors when your website is not a crawlable search engine will not assign a ranking to this one.
How to optimize a website for the search engine
Website optimization refers to making a website or web page SEO friendly to increase the organic ranking of the web page. There are more than 200 ranking factors but no one knows exactly what they are. Here, we are going to discuss some important factors that play a vital role in search engine ranking.
- Keyword Research– Keyword research is part of website optimization. It is a technique to find out the best keyword for the website which we want to rank on a higher position in the search engine. By doing proper keyword research, we can find low competition and high search volume keywords which can help to rank a website faster. Most SEO executives ignore doing proper keyword research whereas this one is the most important part of SEO.
- Title Tag – A title tag specifies the title of a web page. Crafting a good tile on the web page is the most important thing since the title plays a key role in the search ranking. It should be relevant to the content on the webpage which you are going to describing since it tells search engines as well as users about your content on the web page. The best practice of creating a good title is to include your primary keyword in the title and it should be catchy.
- Meta description– Meta description is a short description of a web page that tells the search engine about your web page. Most people create it for search engines, not for users. The best practice of creating meta descriptions is that It should be created not only for the search engine but also for the users to make them understand what is your web page is all about. You must include your secondary keyword also in the meta description.
- Header tag specifies the heading of web page or post h1 is the most important heading whereas h6 is the lowest one. The best practice to create h1 heading is that you should include your targeted keyword in the heading which you want to get ranked. The heading should be related to a web page or post. The heading of the web page provides value for search engines as well as users and it helps in search engine ranking also.
- Page speed refers to the time taken to load a web page and it is one of the most important search engine ranking factors. When your website or web page speed is slow it will affect search engine ranking since the bounce rate of your website will be higher that will affect ranking. It affects both users and searches engines when users visit your site and it takes more time to load they leave your site in the middle which increases the bounce rate and when search engine bots visit your site to crawl and your site is slow so it reduces crawl budget.
- There are two types of URLs, statics and dynamic. Statics URLs like-www.abc.com/seo-blog, are SEO friendly and can be indexed quickly so search engines like static URLs, not dynamics URLs. Dynamic URLs are those which are having punctuation marks like- www.abc.com/123-?-#, and are generated by the server these URLs are less SEO friendly and Search engines do not like them since they can’t be indexed as quick as static.
- Mobile SEO refers to search engine optimization of your website for mobile devices that how friendly your website is when some brows it in mobile. Google gives priority to those websites which are mobile-friendly and can be browsed easily in mobile devices.
Why SEO is important
- Search engine optimization is a great technique to improve website ranking and drive organic or unpaid traffic to the website. It is a way to improve website visibility on the internet through website optimization. It helps to create brand value and promote business online so the importance of search engine optimization is increasing day by day. as you know that we stay in the digital world where almost 90% of people are having a smartphone and internet connection also spend their leisure time on the internet so SEO is a technique to target users online.